How to Build Strong Referral Partnerships on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a powerful networking platform for professionals and so as a business you want to be networking and connecting with other professionals and clients. Building strong referral partnerships on LinkedIn is crucial for getting clients. Find out how to build strong referral partnerships on LinkedIn with Craig Keegan founder of Client Acquisition Program who I spoke to on my Livestream.
The 7-Step Build Process For Referral Partnerships
According to Craig, it’s a seven-step process that will help you build strong referral partnerships online.
- LinkedIn profile (what do you want your LinkedIn profile to do?)
- Online profile (your overall digital footprint)
- Online branding (your website, social media channels etc)
- Community (your online community essential for building trust)
- Referrals (recommendations and leads)
- More clients (prospects, existing clients, and new clients)
- Your goals (your strategy for LinkedIn)
Why Do You Have A LinkedIn Profile?
This is essentially your ‘why’ for being on LinkedIn in the first place. Must go beyond being told you needed to be on LinkedIn. You must establish what you want to achieve:
- Lead Generation
- Brand Building
- Client Acquisition
What Attracts People to your LinkedIn Profile?
Your LinkedIn profile must attract not repel people. You don’t want people coming to your profile and just leaving. You have three to seven seconds to make an impression. To do it right, you must consider the following:
- Your profile is consistent and aligned with the role you’re projecting.
- Your top three skills match your headline so it’s congruent.
- You have a professional picture of yourself. This helps build trust.
- You have a profile banner that’s relevant & consistent with your work.
- Each section of your profile is filled out.
- All external and internal links work.
- You have a well-written ‘about section.’
- You have a compelling call to action.
- Your contact information is correct.
- You have a few well-written endorsements.
Why Does LinkedIn Matter so Much?
We live in an online COVID world, so LinkedIn plays a vital part. Even post COVID it will continue to play an important role. So, to not utilise it properly is to lose business opportunities. Everyone looks and checks your LinkedIn profile along with your online profile, so you want to get it right and give the best impression.
Strong Referrals on LinkedIn
The following help make a great referral for your business:
- A great client relationship
- Credibility with your client
- A true understanding of your clients’ needs
- A trusted relationship with a partner that can fulfill your clients’ needs
- Remuneration, all 3 parties need to win (win-win-win solution)
- An introduction that goes hand in hand to your partner with the client to solve their problem.
Strong Partnerships on LinkedIn
Treat LinkedIn as having a physical relationship with someone and consider the following questions for qualities of a great partner:
- Are you credible?
- Do you look good and smell good?
- Are you presentable?
- Are you scalable?
- Can you demonstrate your results?
- Are you prepared to give EVERYTHING to your partner’s clients?
By implementing the above good practices you’ll be building strong referral partnerships on LinkedIn which are priceless. Make sure to incorporate a video content strategy as part of your overall LinkedIn strategy. Contact Yana Martens, the video confidence coach.